Dear Members of St Laurence,
Updated Guidelines for in-person worship at St Laurence
We have had further input from Bishop John about the next steps in re-opening parishes. His approach is that we be gradual and careful.
Bishop John’s latest letter July 5, 2021 is available to be read in full HERE.
In Eric’s absence I have been in discussion with the Wardens about how we should conduct worship at St Laurence over the summer period based on the bishop’s advice.
We have decided the following for July and August:
· Pre-registration will be eliminated and it is no longer necessary to collect contact tracing information for those attending worship.
· We will continue to wear masks.
· Anyone speaking or leading singing can remove their mask for this role.
· Choir singing will wait till September.
· Membership can sing, but with masks on.
· We will continue to be mindful of the need for physical distancing.
· We will wait until Sept for a return to the full coffee hour and the serving of food.
· All other things will remain as they are now i.e. bread only at Communion, Passing the Peace by acknowledging each other with a nod or a bow and sanitizing hands when required.
When Eric returns further consideration will be given to safe worship practices at St Laurence as we approach Phase 4 in September.
We give thanks for the gift of the gathered community and pray for its ongoing health.
With my care and thanks to you all.
Carla McGhie (Rev)